Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Banana Bread and Heartstrings


  Can anything pull at your heart more than children?
  
This morning I made sure to stand here.
While taking a walk with my 5 year old last evening, we discussed the route his bus takes every day.  I wait with him every morning on the front porch.  What he didn't know is I stand at the window and watch as his bus circles back by.  It's a melancholy moment for me.  So I said to him, "Do you know mommy watches you ride by on the bus every morning?"  This thrilled him.  He gave me specific instructions to look at the first window on the bus because that's where he sits (as if I didn't know.)  I don't think there will ever be another morning when I'm not standing at the big window with every single shutter open.  I even had breakfast here today.

Normally breakfast is on the go.  But I'm savoring the moments.  You see, I have a 20 year old too.  Yep, you read right. And another child in between who is 12.  The oldest is in college.  She's busy in her own world now, being independent.  The 12 year old still needs me but doesn't want anyone to know it.  He certainly doesn't want me to walk him to the bus although I have waved at him a few times. (I think he liked it but would never admit it.)
There were a few overripe bananas laying around yesterday so I decided to make banana bread.  
This morning I wanted to enjoy it. Nothing fancy, just making the most of the moment.  






EASY BANANA BREAD

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,174,144187-255202,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1 1/2 c. self-rising flour
3 bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar
Cream together butter, eggs and sugar until smooth. Add bananas and vanilla; beat well. Mix in flour. Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour or until golden brown.

Posting to Rednesday at It's a Very Cherry World
Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home


Today is an ordinary day but I'm taking time to be thankful for extraordinary blessings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment